This is intended to be a fun class that revolves around the latter end of the footy season.
This is a class that allows the entrant free rein as to the top design of the pie which must depict in edible form, their favourite footy team with a few basic rules.
This beef mince pie must be of good quality & suitable to be eaten at a traditional game of footy.
- The pie must be oval in shape as per the traditional football and must fit into the palm of the hand (Individual Oval Teflon Coated tins can be obtained from email@example.com / 02 4735 1306 @ $5 each or a 6×3 or 6×4 pie pallet @ $100 + freight)
- Traditional good quality mince beef only to be used (not chunky)
- Meat filling to be firm and stable when hot (this is to allow the whole content of the pie to be eaten whilst watching the game and not get shirt-fronted!)
- Top of the pie to depict your favourite team colours and applicable design. Edible food colour only of course.
- Pies will be judged on creativity and originality and marks out of 30 will be awarded.
- The filling and overall taste, stability, and quality of the pie will be marked out of 20.
- There will be no bias on the part of any judge taking part in the judging process.
- 2 Pies with the same design are to be sent into the competition. 1 entry per bakery.
This footy pie category is FREE to enter as long as you enter pies and/or sausage rolls into 1 normal category of the main Official Great Aussie Pie Competition. The only charge will be if you wish to TNT freight your footy pies in @ $45