Skip to content
Conditions of entry
- Registration is only accepted by the official entry form.
- You must be a registered business to enter.
- All entries must be signed by the entrant – unsigned entries will not be accepted.
- All pies/sausage rolls must conform to the relevant health rules and regulations in their state of origin.
- The judges’ decisions are final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- All entrants declare that their entries will be produced for a minimum of six months following the competition and agree to provide the suggested retail price of their entry for judging purposes. Failure to satisfy this requirement will mean automatic forfeiture of title.
- Gourmet pie and sausage roll entries must be accompanied by a retail price and ingredients information sheet to meet judging criteria. The price is considered to ensure the product can realistically be produced and sold for that price.
- All gourmet pies must contain, as the base ingredient, the category they have been entered. For example, a Seafood Mornay Pie must contain seafood as its major component.
- All entries must be produced at the premises nominated on the entry form.
- The TNT consignment notice provided must be used. Entries not using the supplied consignment notice will be held responsible for full payment of all transport rates as per the TNT rate schedule.
- Major winners of the competition are given permission to use the title of their award for a period of 12 months from the official winning announcement. Official titles include “Official Greatest Plain Pie Maker in Australia”, “Official Greatest Gourmet Pie Maker in Australia”, “Official Greatest Sausage Roll Maker in Australia” or “Official Greatest Gourmet Sausage Roll Maker in Australia”.